Tsum valley is newly opened trekking destination in Nepal. This hidden valley is situated in the north of Gorkha, against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh, Sringi, Boudha Himalayan range. This serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture, and religion of the local people of Tibetan origin who speak their own dialect. The elevation of Tsum Valley trek varies from 1905m at Lhokpa to over 5093m at Ngula Dhojhyang pass on the Nepal-Tibetan border.
The people of the valley celebrate their own unique festivals like Lhosar, Dhacyhang, Saka Dawa,Faning & many others. The trails are strewn with artistic chortens and lined with Mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with drawings of deities and inscribed with prayers. The circuit traverses across Tsum Valley of Manaslu region in Nepal to that of southern parts of Tibet. The Buddhist Saint Milarepa is believed to have meditated in the caves of one of these mountains. Due to its remoteness and inaccessibility, this sacred valley and its people have been isolated by the mainstream of economic development for centuries. This trek begins at Arughat in Gorkha district which is easily accessible from Kathmandu by land transport.
The ancient ruins are still visible in the Tsum valley today. Due to its remoteness and inaccessibility, this sacred valley and its people have been cut off by the mainstream development for centuries. As a consequence, the unique culture of the valley has remained intact. The Tsum Valley is enriched in wildlife, especially the Himalayan Thar and Blue Sheep which flock in herds of 50 to 200. Hunting and fishing activities are prohibited in the Tsum Valley. The Tsum Valley trek highlights some unique and historic monasteries, including Rachen Gompa and Mu Gompa, which lie on a pretty plateau nestled on the lap of the valley and Gompa Lungdang, situated at the base of a conical hill against the main slope of Ganesh Himal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Permits Preparation and Shopping for the trek
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (570m) 5-6hrs
Day 04: Trek from Arughat to Lapubesi (880m) 6-7hrs
Day 05: Trek from Lapubesi to Khorlabesi (970m) 5-6hrs
Day 07: Trek from Khorlabesi to Jagat (1370m) 5-6hrs
Day 08: Trek from Jagat to Lokpa (2240m) 5-6hrs
Day 09: Trek from Lokpa to Chhokangparo (3030m) 6-7hrs
Day 10: Trek from Chhokangparo to Nile (3360m) 4-5hrs
Day 11: Trek from Nile to Mu Gompa 3700m and Chhokangparo (3030m) 6-7hrs
Day 12: Trek from Chhokangparo to Gumba Lungdang (3200m) 5-6hrs
Day 13: Day trip to Ganesh Himal Base Camp (4500m) 7-8hrs
Day 14: Trek from Gumba Lungdang to Lokpa (2240m) 7-8hrs
Day 15: Trek from Lokpa to Dovan (1070m) 7-8hrs
Day 16: Trek from Dovan to Sotikhola (730m) 6-7hrs
Day 17: Trek from Soti Khola to Arughat Bazaar & Drive to Kathmandu 7 hrs
Day 18: Final Departure to Home country or onward destination
- Airport/Hotel/Airport picks up and transfers by private car/van.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu
- All land transportation by tourist bus
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- 1 experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons), their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipment and insurance
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit
- Tsum Valley Restricted Area Permit.
- All necessary permits
- First Aid Medical Kit box
- Office Service charges
- All Government Tax
- International airfare to and from Nepal
- Nepal Entry Visa fee
- Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu except breakfast
- Travel and Medical insurance
- Items and expenses of personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipment like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- Horse renting and additional porters due to natural calamities during the trek
- Tips for guide, porters, driver...