Middle Hill Trekking offers insights into the typical culture and unspoiled traditional lifestyle of the Nepalese people of the rural area,. While trekking, you will pass through different villages, hills and farming terraces. In villages, you can meet the different ethnic groups of Nepal like Newar, Gurung, Chhetri, Brahmin and interact with them. Agricultural farming, animal husbandry, poultry, dairy farming, fishing, and even cooperative forestry is the main occupation of the majority of the villagers. It is the livelihood of more than 90 percent of the rural population. Rural areas are very peaceful and pollution free. You will also enjoy viewing Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Shringi Himal, Manaslu Himal and many other snow- capped mountains and peaks from different places on the trek.
Middle Hill Trekking is a cultural homestay trekking begins from Dhading and ends in Gorkha. Here it is worth to mention about the historically popular place of Gorkha which is the ancient seat of the Shah dynasty which ruled Nepal for 200 years. Gorkha is the birthplace of late Prithvi Narayan Shah, who unified small territories into a strong nation.
While trekking, you will stay in the local family home to experience the Nepalese people’s way of life closely. Family homes are available all along the trekking route. Instead of homestay one can opt for full board camping trek with logistical support.
This trek to Middle Hill offers you a visit to Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage sites as well. While trekking, you will find this trail enriched with beautiful rhododendron, pine forests with other natural vegetations. You will also see various species of birds and wild animals during the hike.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu half day Sightseeing and Permits preparation
Day 03: Drive to Dhading Besi (579 m.) & trek to Jyamrung Danda (1100m.)
Day 04: Trek from Jyamrung Danda to Karki Gaon (1225 m.): 5 hrs
Day 05: Trek from Karki Gaon to Ganga Jamuna (3244m.): 4 hrs
Day 06: Rest day at Ganga Jamuna
Day 07: Trek from Ganga Jamuna to Budathum (850m.): 4 hrs
Day 08: Trek from Budathum to Arughat Bazaar (500m.) 2 hrs.
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu or Continue your journey to Chitwan or Pokhara.
Day 10: Final Departure
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3-star category with breakfast
- Kathmandu sightseeing with an English/ any other foreign language speaking city guide
- Land transportation Kathmandu- Dhading Besi / Arughat Bazaar- Kathmandu
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System
- An experienced and first aid trained license holder accompanying trekking guide
- Equipped and insured trekking porter (one porter for 2 persons, one porter carries 25 KG.)
- Meals, insurance, salary, equipment, accommodation, transportation of our trekking crew
- Tea House accommodation on twin or multi sharing basis during the trek
- Applicable government taxes (13% VAT and 10% tourism service charges)
- First aids kit
- Nepal entry visa
- Domestic airport tax
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Hot shower while on the trek
- Bar bills and laundry
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Battery Charges( Available during the trek with Extra cost)
- Personal trekking equipment
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue in case of emergency
- Donation to the local organization