A valid passport is required by all except nationals of India. Indian nationals must produce proof of identity and arrive from India. (Acceptable proofs include Voter’s Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India or Photo Identity Card issued by the state or central government of India or Temporary Photo ID issued by the Indian Diplomatic Mission in Nepal.)
Entry Procedures & Visa Rules
Visas can be obtained on arrival from the immigration authorities at all Nepal entry points (with fees payable in US Dollars) provided travelers are in possession of valid travel documents, two passport photos and the relevant fee.
- Multiple entries / 15 days / US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entries / 30 days / US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entries / 90 days / US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Gratis (Free) Visa
- Gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of SAARC countries. However, for extension of visa for SAARC nationals, the rule is the same as that of other nationals.
- Indian nationals do not require the visa to enter into Nepal.
Visa Application Requirements
- One completed application form.
- Valid passport.
- One passport-size photo.
- Fee (in USD cash).
- For business visas, letter from the company explaining the purpose of visit, accompanying application made direct to the Department of Immigration in Nepal (as above).
- A stamped addressed envelope if applying by post
For Visa Extension
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days. An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the department. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days
(For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Kathmandu, Tel: 00977-1-4221996/ 4223590/ 4222453, Web:http://www.immi.gov.np)