Annapurna Base Camp trek is relatively a shorter trek in the Annapurna region. It can be completed in 12 to 14 days depending on the itinerary and walking pace. We walk through terraced rice paddies, lush rhododendron forests and ultimately reach high altitude landscapes. While trekking, we feel an ever-changing sub-tropical landscape of rice fields, rhododendron and bamboo forests until we reach to the glacier basin of Annapurna Sanctuary. Steep snow-clad ridges falling from Hiunchuli on the left and Machhapuchhere on the right form entrance to the Base Camp. As we pass through the 'entrance' and enter the Sanctuary, we find ourselves in a huge amphitheatre enclosed by a solid wall of snow-capped peaks, a breathtaking experience.
The trail to Annapurna Base Camp meanders through the remote mountain settlements inhabited by different ethnic groups of people who have their own lifestyle and culture. While on trek, you can take out some time to interact with local people of different ethnicities & learn about their way of life.
The hike takes us into scenic valley, dense forest of rhododendron and Pine forests with majestic views of the snow-clad peaks in the background. The beauty of the snow clad mountains is really hard to describe in words. The entire scenario of the region gives us the feeling of heaven on earth.
Annapurna Base Camp trek starts with a long drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Next day morning we continue our drive up to Nayapul and then the actual trek begins. ABC trek can be customized following different routes either through Annapurna Circuit or Jomsom / Muktinath, or Tatopani, Ghorepani and Tadapani and joining the main Sanctuary trails at Chommrong.
It is possible to do Annapurna Base Camp trek in all seasons.. In spring time the rhododendron forests are in full bloom which captivates every trekker along the trails.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02: Trek preparation/briefing/ shopping day, Stay overnight in hotel
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara, Stay overnight in hotel
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1 1/2 hrs) & trek to Ulleri (1940 m), Stay overnight in lodge
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2750m) 5 hrs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 06: Trek to Poon Hill (3194m) for sunrise & to Tadapani (2590m) 6 hrs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 07: Trek to Chomrong (2210m) 4 hrs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 08: Trek to Himalayan Hotel (2840m) 7 hrs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 09: Trek to Machapuchare Base camp (3700m) 4 hrs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 10: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m) 3 hrs (1/2 day hike to Glacier optional)
Day 11: Return to Bamboo (2310m) 7 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1780 m); visit hot springs, Stay overnight in lodge
Day 13: Trek to Ghandruk (5 hrs), Stay overnight in lodge
Day 14: Trek to Nayapul & drive back to Pokhara & same day drive to Kathmandu, Stay overnight in hotel
Day 15: Airport Transfer for Final Departure
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara at 3 star category with breakfast
- Land transportation Kathmandu -Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System
- An experienced and first aid trained license holder accompanying trekking guide
- Equipped and insured trekking porter (one porter for 2 persons, one porter carries 25 KG.)
- Meals, insurance, salary, equipment, accommodation, transportation of our trekking crew
- Tea House accommodation on twin or multi sharing basis during the trek
- Applicable government taxes (13% VAT and 10% tourism service charges)
- Nepal entry visa
- Domestic airport tax
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Hot shower while on trek
- Single supplements in hotels except solo trekking service